Display errors when Visio drawings are saved as PDF

Hi,

Saving Visio drawings as PDF doesn't work well, see attached examples:

• "workflow": more than 20 rectangles in shades of grey in PDF where there is no shape in Visio
  • "conflu": Shapes are all black, rectangles and shadows missing
  • "drawing1: circle has a vertical color gradient instead a circular gradient; arrow with gradient is missing completely; ugly shadows on second page

I'm working with Aspose.Drawing.dll 3.0.0.0 (with valid license) and tried a simple Diagram.Save(stream, SaveFileFormat.PDF). What can I do? TIA

Hi Josua,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have tested your provided samples against the latest build of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 3.0.0. I regretfully inform you that with the latest version, I manage to replicate the problems.

Ticket ID

Title

Comments

DIAGRAM-33329

Extra rectangles are generated

please see ErrorWorkflow.png

DIAGRAM-33330

Rectangle shadows are missing

please see ErrorConflu.png

Shapes are not black and rectangles are not missing.

DIAGRAM-33331

Flexi Arrow shape is missing and the circle has a vertical color gradient instead a circular gradient.

please see ErrorDrawing1.png

Second page is Ok

I observed a different output than what you have shared. Could you please share the source code that you are using to save the file stream on your local PC? I have attached the output PDF files along with screenshots (attachment.zip). We will soon investigate the cause. Also, you will be notified once the fix for your problem is available for public use.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Thank you for your confirmation of the problems. You can find my code in the attachment (license was removed -> add your own). This is only a simple program to test the PDF output, but our goal is to use this code in SharePoint solutions (2010 as well as 2013).

I tested on .NET 3.5, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Hi Josua,

Thanks for sharing sample project. I managed to replicate the problem on my side. The problem is specific to the Aspose.Diagram for .NET 3.0.0 with Framework 3.5 libraries. This problem has been logged in our bug tracking system under ticket id DIAGRAM-33339. We will soon investigate the cause. Also, you will be notified once the fix for your problem is available for public use.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

When can we expect a solution?

Hi Josua,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please find the status information below:

• DIAGRAM-33329 - Status: Resolved
    Fix Version: - Aspose.Diagram for .NET 3.1.0
  • DIAGRAM-33330 - Pending for analysis
  • DIAGRAM-33339 - Pending for analysis
  • DIAGRAM-33331 - Pending for analysis

I’m sorry to share with you that most of the issues are not yet resolved. These issues are pending for analysis. I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issues shortly. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is fixed and available for public use.

Note: We are treating these issues as normal support issues. Please always post your critical issues in the Priority Support forum since only issues posted in the Priority Support forum are treated with that priority.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33329) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33339) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Josua,

Good news for you is DIAGRAM-33330 has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for.NET (3.3.0). Which is expected to be released at the start of June 2013. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33330) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.