Displaying a workbook

OK. Let`s put th ethings in this way: I have a formatted excel sheet and I want to output it to the browser with the currency, percentege, colors and so.on. When I attach it to a gridview via a datatable all th eformatting is gone. Is there any way to show the file with the formatting or i have to play with the rows and columns of the gridview?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, Aspose.Cells is a server-side non GUI Excel® spreadsheet managemnt library (component) that enables either .Net or Java applications to read and write Excel® spreadsheets without utilizing Microsoft Excel® to be installed either on the server or client side. It can work both on desktop and web environments. If you want to view the data, you do need to have Excel Viewer or MS Excel installed. Well, it does not provide any interface. Although you may open any excel spreadshet into browser (if you have MS Excel installed on your pc). I think if you want to stick to it, you have to manually utilize GridView apis for formattings.

To add further for your info. We do have a GUI Component (Control) named Aspose.Grid, which can perform the tasks, you are inquiring. It provides complete grid like env. in WYSIWYG manner with all the standard and enhanced features. It has both desktop (Aspose.Grid.Desktop) and web (Aspose.Grid.Web) flavors for .Net platform. For further ref. you may check our docs: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/visual-components/aspose.grid-for-.net/index.html

And online demos:

Thank you.