Distribution of code

Hi,

I am working inside a corporate office, and wanted to know what I would need to do to distribute a dll throughout the company?

For example, if I wrote a .net class file that consumed the features I wanted, like importdatatable, would I have to distribute the Aspose.Cells.Lic file and Aspose.Cells.Dll files wherever I placed the dll file? Or can this be compiled so that license file is not compromised within the corporate domain?

Thanks,
Steve Redmon

Hi Steve,

Well, if your application is server based (e.g a corporate web site or web service where clients would be accessing it via some browser types etc.) then you would need to place the Aspose.Cells.Dll and its license file on the server. So, you may place the licensing code on some events like Application_Start etc.because licensing code should be processed only once in the whole application life cycle.

But, if you are building different custom classes or programs with the component for different purposes for the corporate which is not centralized to be accessed remotely, you have to deploy both Aspose.Cells.Dll and its license file.

Thank you.