Support for shared mailboxes in Aspose.Email (C# .NET)

Hi team,

Could you please advise if your API supports a shared mailbox where user mailbox doesn’t have its own user name and password?

Thanks

@cap.aspose,

I have observed your requirements and have not been able to completely understand them. Can you please share the details of your requirements so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Hi,
Look at the Microsoft’s shared mailboxes explanation please:

A shared mailbox is a type of user mailbox that doesn’t have its own user name and password. As a result, users can’t log into them directly. To access a shared mailbox, users must first be granted Send As or Full Access permissions to the mailbox. Once that’s done, users sign into their own mailboxes and then access the shared mailbox by adding it to their Outlook profile. In Exchange 2003 and earlier, shared mailboxes were just a regular mailbox to which an administrator could grant delegate access. Beginning in Exchange 2007, shared mailboxes became their own recipient type:

• RecipientType : UserMailbox
  • RecipientTypeDetails : SharedMailbox

A shared mailbox is not designed for direct logon. The user account for the shared mailbox itself should stay in a Disabled (or “disconnected”) state.

@cap.aspose,

Thank you for sharing the details with us. An issue with ID EMAILNET-39553 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate possibility of implementing requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi team,
Do you have any updates?

@cap.aspose,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. We request for your patience till the time the issue gets resolved and feedback is shared.

Hi team,
Do you have any updates?

@cap.aspose,

Thanks for contacting us again. I like to inform that this issue will be resolved in Aspose.Email 19.10. I request for your patience.

Hello,
Could you clarify why Aspose.Email 19.10 doesn’t contains a new feature from this issue EMAILNET-39553 as you promised?
Thank you

@cap.aspose,

I regret to share that the concerned support is still unavailable in API. We have shared the tentative release version as Aspose.Email for .NET 19.10. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the support will be available.

Could you help me to move this request from free support to paid support helpdesk? Or I should create new one…
This issue status didn’t change from august to November unfortunately.

@cap.aspose,

Can you please visit thislink. Our colleague from Purchase team will help you out in this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-39553) have been fixed in this update.

Hi,
Do you have any examples of the use this new feature by Aspose’s API?
Thank you.

@cap.aspose,

I suggest you to please try using following examples on your end.

The following new methods have been added:

ExchangeMessageInfoCollection IEWSClient.ListMessages(string mailbox, string folder, bool recursive);
        ExchangeMessageInfoCollection IEWSClient.ListMessages(string mailbox, string folder, MailQuery query);
        string[] IEWSClient.ListItems(string mailbox, string folder);
        string[] IEWSClient.ListItems(string mailbox, string folder, MailQuery query);
        string[] IEWSClient.ListItems(string mailbox, string folder, MailQuery query, bool recursive);
        ExchangeFolderInfoCollection IEWSClient.ListSubFolders(string mailbox, string parentFolderUri);

Code Example:

TestServer server = TestUtil.GetServer(serverType);
        TestUser user1 = server.User1;
        TestUser shared = server.User7;
        using (IEWSClient client = TestUtil.CreateEWSClient(user1))
        {
            ExchangeMessageInfo mi = null;
            try
            {
                MailMessage message = new MailMessage(
                    user1.EMail,
                    shared.EMail,
                    "EMAILNET-39553 - " + Guid.NewGuid().ToString(),
                    "EMAILNET-39553 Support for shared mailboxes");
                client.Send(message);
                Assert.IsTrue(TestUtil.WaitTrue(delegate () 
                {
                    ExchangeMessageInfoCollection messageInfoCol = client.ListMessages(shared.EMail, "Inbox", false);
                    foreach (ExchangeMessageInfo messageInfo in messageInfoCol)
                        if (messageInfo.Subject.Contains(message.Subject))
                        {
                            mi = messageInfo;
                            return true;
                        }
                    return false;
                }));
            }
            finally
            {
                if(mi != null)
                    client.DeleteItem(mi.UniqueUri, DeletionOptions.Default);
            }