DOC-PDF Conversion: Alignment Issue

Hello,
I encountered a formatting issue with Aspose Words while converting a document to PDF.
The sample files are attached for reference.
Details of samples

1. Original_Acusis.doc: This is the source document that need to be converted to PDF
  2. Converted_Aspose.pdf : The pdf version generated with Aspose.Word
  3. Converted_MSWORD_2007.pdf: The PDF generated with MS Word.(This is the desired output of DOC - PDF conversion)

Here is the code snippet that i used with Aspose for generating the PDF file

Document srcDoc = new Document("D:\\Original_Acusis.doc");
srcDoc.Save("D:\\Converted_Aspose.pdf", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

The version of Aspose.dll is

File Version: 9.5.0.0
Product Version: 2010.10.31
Note: The table in the fist page of the document contains static text and hence can be replaced by image or text box object. The text should start after the table (right of the table) on the first page and on the second page it should start at the margins set for the document.
Thx
Usha

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
The problem occurs because there is floating table in your document. At the moment, Aspose.Words does not support positioning of floating tables. As a workaround, you can set “Text wrapping” of your table to “None”.
Best regards,

Thanks, I will look forward to the fix in coming versions of Aspose.Words.
If I set the text wrapping of the table as None, the text is moved to the next page. This will not serve our pupose, we need the text to start to the right of the table. And this is quite a major requriement for us:)
Thx
Usha

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I have modified your document little bit and now the output looks as expected. I sent the refactored document and the output PDF to your e-mail.
Best regards,

Thanks Andrey… but the output does not match our requirement. You can observe the difference in the second page margin in the attached document. I would appreciate if “floating table” can be taken up as an enhancement with high priority. Any other workaround you can think about, i tried different options, but no luck :(Thx
Usha

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I found the other way to work this problem around. Please check your e-mail.
Best regards,

Andrey, there is one more catch. I think you have inserted two sections in the document, the second section stating in the second page.
Actually the document will be generated from a different template document that contains certain placeholders. The placeholders will be replaced with content from another document. In other words, the content that you see in the document will be pasted at run time by another application (using Aspose API’s). In such a scenario how can we create multiple sections in the placeholder file. I’m attaching the relevant files for your reference.

1. Placeholder.doc
  2. SourceFile.doc
  3. Acusis_Input.doc

The placeholder in Placeholder.doc will be replaced with the content between and in the SourceFile.doc. The resultant file will be saved as Acusis_Input.doc and this has to be converted to PDF. Depending on the size of SourceFile.doc, the Acusis_Input.doc can have a single page or multiple pages. Hope the situation is clear now.
Sorry for not providing the complete workflow information in the previous postings!
Thx
Usha

Hi

Thank you for the detail explanation. Unfortunately, in this case, I cannot suggest you any other way to work this problem around. You should just wait for the fix of the original issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Thank you Andrey for the assistance provided for this issue… I know you tried the best you can… I will eagerly wait for a fix from Aspose…
I have no other option now but to depend of Word 2007 API’s for the desired conversion… Even though it is a huge overhead, i will go with that till i hear again from Aspose team.
Also, is there a issue ID assigned to the particular issue that i reported? And will i be able to track the issue from your web site with the ID? Is the issue database open for members?
Thx
Usha

Hi

Thanks for your request. There is no way to view our defect database. It is for internal use only. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. The issue number is 6898.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1940) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(132)