Free Support Forum - aspose.com

DOC- PPT- XLS conversion to PDF- support and known limitations

Hi, we are deploying aspose cells, slides and words to execute pptx/xlsx/docx to pdf conversion, including the openoffice equivalents. Since we’ll be converting documents coming from sources out of our control, we need to set expecations with our customer and determine what files are eligible to get a fix in case they are not converted and which ones will be rejected. If available, we would also like to know if there’s a list of known gaps in conversion support.

If Aspose refers to some specific ISO format to define supported documents, that would make our job lots easier.

Some additional info:

- We use words, cells, slides. Java libraries only

- We only use conversion to PDF, no other elaboration.

- Customer is asking us to guarantee conversion of files matching these wo standard:

- Office Open XML (ISO/IEC 29500)

- Open Document Format (ISO/IEC 26300)

Thanks in advance!

Checked product doc,

there’s some pretty complete information about cells, I can clearly identify what is supported, what is not, etc.

<span lang=“IT” style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-language:IT”>https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Converting+Excel+to+PDF+Files<o:p></o:p>

https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Save+in+the+OpenDocument+Spreadsheet+%28ODS%29+Format

https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Known+Issues

For Slides

I couldn't fine anything as detailed,

https://docs.aspose.com/display/slidesnet/Different+File+Formats+and+Conversions)

https://docs.aspose.com//display/slidesjava/Known+Issues+in+Aspose.Slides+for+Java+14.4.0

Should I assume that anything outside this list is not supported when converting to pdf?

· Images, Text Boxes and other Shapes

· Text and Formatting

· Paragraphs and Formatting

· Hyperlinks

· Headers and Footers

· Bullets

·<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“font-size:10.5pt;font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Tables<o:p></o:p>

What about opendocument files? should I assume the same features/limitations apply?

thanks in advance

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for contacting support.

Aspose.Words API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office Word. You can manually convert a Word document to PDF, and if it complies with the said ISO standards, then Aspose.Words API will also do the same. However, if you find that the Aspose.Words API does not work as expected, then please share your source Word document. We’ll investigate and reply you appropriately. There are a few known gaps. Please check this help topic: Save in the Adobe Portable Document .PDF Format. All the load formats are listed there: Load Formats

Aspose.Slides API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Aspose.Cells API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office Excel. You may also verify these APIs in the same way as we narrated for Aspose.Words API. In reference to the Aspose.Cells API, please check this table: Supported ISO Standards.

We’re communicating with product teams to get insight details. We’ll let you know about our findings soon. Please spare us a little time.

Hi Provalamadonna,

Thank you for the details.
:
Should I assume that anything outside this list is not supported when converting to pdf?
What about opendocument files? should I assume the same features/limitations apply?
As we narrated in the above reply, we need to verify it. Aspose.Slides API mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office PowerPoint. We’ll let you know about our findings soon.

Hi,

I have observed your following requirements.

provotopo:
Checked product doc,
For Slides

I couldn’t fine anything as detailed,

<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:
“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-ansi-language:IT;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA” lang=“IT”>https://docs.aspose.com/display/slidesnet/Different+File+Formats+and+Conversions)

<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:
“Calibri”,sans-serif;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
mso-ansi-language:IT;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA” lang=“IT”>

<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-language:IT” lang=“IT”>https://docs.aspose.com//display/slidesjava/Known+Issues+in+Aspose.Slides+for+Java+14.4.0<o:p></o:p>

“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-language:IT” lang=“IT”>

·<span style=“font-variant-numeric: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: “Times New Roman”;”> <span style=“font-size:10.5pt;font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:
“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Images, Text Boxes and other Shapes<o:p></o:p>

“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Text and Formatting<o:p></o:p>

“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Paragraphs and Formatting<o:p></o:p>

“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Hyperlinks<o:p></o:p>

“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Headers and Footers<o:p></o:p>

“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Bullets<o:p></o:p>

“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-language:IT” lang=“IT”>

“Times New Roman”;color:#333333”>Tables<o:p></o:p>

I suggest you to please visit following documentation sections for your convenience. I hope the shared information will be helpful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Working with Tables
Working with Text
Converting presentations to different formats
Working with ODP presentation

Many Thanks,