Doc to docx includepicture problem

Hello,

When converting binary word documents to docx, the includepicture fields do not appear in the converted documents. Here is the code I used :

public static void DocxConvPb()
{
    License li = new License();
    li.SetLicense(@"...");
    Document doc = new Document(@"D:\Dev\OsiDoc_Aspose_DN\Docs\Preview\Test\DEPOT_PLAINTE_X.doc");
    doc.Save(@"D:\Dev\OsiDoc_Aspose_DN\Docs\Preview\Test\DEPOT_PLAINTE_X.docx");
}

I’m not sure whether or not this is a bug or an unsupported feature. Do you have an update regarding the detailed table of what is supported in exports and imports in all formats in Aspose.Words?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

INCLUDEPICTURE is usually converted okay by Aspose.Words and remains correct in the output. In this case the problem is probably due to the fact that the image is not stored inside the document, but linked only. Confirmed to be a defect, logged as #7860. It converts well if just going from DOC to DOC.
By the way, MS Word itself does not seem to like that you use relative file names and store the link only. If you convert this DOC to DOCX using MS Word, the path to the image becomes absolute on my computer. Maybe its just because MS Word cannot find the image on my computer, I don’t know. But a warning to you anyway.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2163) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.