We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Doc to HTML - italic style formatting

I’ve noticed that just about every rich text editor has a problem with italics on HTML documents that were created by Aspose.Words. Basically, you cannot turn off italic mode. I went through a list of the top 10 most common editors and it seems to be a consistent problem.

After playing around with them, it looks like the problem lies in the inline style. It seems Aspose.Words uses which the editors do not look for. Instead the editors look for or .

For our own needs, we will likely create a regex that will look for <span … style="…font-style:italic;…"…>…
and change it to <span … style="…"…>.

I think it would be beneficial for Aspose.Words to do this automatically. I suggest that italics get broken out into or so that they work with the various HTML rich text editors.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider outputting italic text as text and bold text as text. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards.

Thank you for this consideration.

If/when implemented, I think the “” and “” would be most appropriate for the inline output format.