Doc to PDF loss the double byte (Chinese characters)

Hi, I am using the SaveAs command to save merged doc file to pdf.

doc.Save("myfile.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);

However, the pdf file loss the double byte(in this case Chinese characters);

It only showed boxes in the pdf file; while the word file still has the Chinese characters retained.

Can you help me to solve this?

Note that I am using the latest Aspose.Words 10.0

Thank you,
luke

Hi Luke,
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your template, output document and provide simple code that will allow us to reproduce the problem? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

Attached is the sample template in doc format and the jpg picture output.

My conversion from doc to pdf is just using the Save method as mentioned.

Document doc = _Execute("key");
doc.Save("myfile.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);

Please check, thanks!

Hello,
Thank you for additional information.
Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce your problem on my side. Please make sure that the font PMingLiU installed on your computer where you are converting document.
My out pdf document I have attached to the answer. He does not look exactly identical as doc document. For this reason I registered a defect in our codebase. Once it is fixed, we’ll give you know.

Hi Viktor,

It works after installing the East Asian Language in the machine.

Yeah, the sentence alignment is out as I put justify in the word doc.

Thanks,
luke

Hello Luke,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will be sure to inform you of any developments regarding the problem with alignment.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4742) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.