Document Compare is not working

Hi All,

I am using Aspose Words v15.10.0. I found the issue with Document Compare is not working on the word document has checkboxes. I am using the Document Compare to check for whether the user update the document. I found out that if the user just check on the checkbox. The Document Compare didn’t detect the change. I just wonder that do we have the fix on later version.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word documents here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Thank you for quick response. I attached the test document with checkboxes that Document Compare function is not working right on the checkboxes. I also notice that Document Compare has performance issue on the big document contain 400+ pages. I have seen the delay on it.

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the document. We have compared the attached documents using Aspose.Words v17.1.0 and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14792. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
Steven Lam:
I also notice that Document Compare has performance issue on the big document contain 400+ pages. I have seen the delay on it.
Please note that performance and memory usage all depend on complexity and size of the documents you are generating. In terms of memory, Aspose.Words does not have any limitations. If you're loading huge Word documents into Aspose.Words' DOM, more memory and time would be required. This is because during processing, the document needs to be held wholly in memory.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14792) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.2.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.2.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.