Document Comparison No Move Revisions

We are evaluating the Aspose.Words library with the intention of purchasing a license in the near future. We are interested in the plain text, Word document, and PDF document comparison features. The revision types we are most interested in are…

• Insertions
  • Deletions
  • Moves

Following the API documentation, and the examples distributed via GitHub, we’ve implemented a rough prototype. The insertion and deletion revision types are working as expected, however, I am unable to produce a comparison that includes any move revision types.

I’ve produced two word documents. I’ve copied and pasted identical paragraphs into each. I’ve moved a single sentence to a new location in the paragraph in one document. After comparing the documents however, this difference is depicted as a series of insertions and deletions, instead of a move.

We are using Aspose.Words 21.6.0. Please advise. Thanks in advance!

RL

@rleitch

The Document.Compare method ignores the “move” revisions when two documents are compared. We already logged this feature request as WORDSNET-14445 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@tahir.manzoor

Thank you for the prompt reply. We will patiently wait for the resolution of feature request WORDSNET-14445.

A post was split to a new topic: Move revisions issue after comparing documents

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14445) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.1 update also available on NuGet.