Document editing time is always 60.0 minutes

Hi,

After being opened and saved in Aspose.Cells, the document editing time is always set to 60.0 minutes regardless of whether:

• the value of the editing time before the document was opened in Aspose.Cells
  • whether or not the editing time was set with BuildInDocumentProperties.setTotalEditingTime()

Do you have a timescale for a fix?

Thanks

Martin

Hi,

Could you post your input and output files here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

567 is the input file.
567-after-aspose-cells is the output file.

The time of 60 minutes is displayed in Office 2007.

Thanks

Martin

Hi,

Could you please try the attached latest version/fix v2.3.0.6. I have tested with it using your template file and code, it works fine:

Workbook workbook=new Workbook();
workbook.open(“d:\files\567.xlsx”);
workbook.save(“d:\files\out_567.xlsx”);//,FileFormatType.EXCEL2007);

I have attached the generated file where total editing time is empty as the template file.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank-you for the updated version.
I’ve tested 2.3.0.6 and it seems to work, with the exception that the behaviour does not match the documentation.

The documentation for BuiltInDocumentProperties.setTotalEditingTime():

setTotalEditingTime

public void setTotalEditingTime(double value)
throws java.lang.Exception
Sets the total editing time in minutes.

Parameters:
value - the total editing time in minutes.
Throws:
java.lang.Exception

However, when the value 1.0 is set, Excel 2007 displays an editing time of 60 Minutes. When the value of 1.0/60.0 is set, Excel 2007 displays an editing time of 1 Minute. Therefore it seems that the value supplied to this function should be in Hours, not Minutes.

Is this correct? If so, I'm happy to set the value in Hours but I need to know that this won't change in future releases. Therefore, will the code change to match the documentation or will the documentation change to match the code?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for pointing it out.

Yes, currently it is setting the total editing time in Hours, we will fix it and get back to you soon.

I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSJAVA-18459.

Thank you.

Hi Martin,

We have noticed that It is a bug in our product while saving this property for excel2007 file
format, so we will provide a fix for it soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-18459) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.