We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Document generation slows down as pages increase

I have a performance problem that seems a little different from others I see in this forum. I am generating document pages programmatically with data from my application. A typical page consists of a section with a header, body and footer and is independent from previous tables.

All is good for some small number of pages but the time it takes to add each new page grows with the number of pages in the document. I managed a run of 625 pages but it took 1.5 hours to run.

The increase in time seems so regular that I wonder if some methods I call are triggering traversals of all the nodes in the current document. My code builds tables from scratch and then uses Builder to populate the tables and to write a few paragraphs outside the tables

I did a VS2013 profiler run and could send you the data. If you could lend me a Words.dll symbol file, the profile might be more informative.

I am running Window 7 32-bits 4GB memory.


Bill Below

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your inquiry. To ensure a timely and accurate response, it would be great if you please create a standalone runnable simple application (for example a Console Application project) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. As soon as you get this simple application ready, we’ll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,