We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Document.MailMerge.Execute slower after upgrade

Dear Techs,


After the upgrade of Aspose Word from the version 8.1 to 14.5, I noticed a significant performance degradation for the method Document.MailMerge.Execute.

I attached two sample projects and a word file.
Both projects have the same code (which replaces mergefields by text) but they use a different version of Aspose Word.

Time to replace the mergefields by text:
Aspose 8.1: 7.5s
Aspose 14.5: 12.5s

What is causing this performance degradation?
Is there anything we can do to improve the performance?

Thank you,
Best regards,
Andy


Hi Andy,


Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11061. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Andy,

Regarding WORDSNET-11061, our development team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that they won't be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-11061) is now closed with 'Won't Fix' resolution.

The sample document contains 1262 pages with MERGEFILED in each line (about 65k in total). We have not found any bottlenecks in our code base. Fields extraction takes about 40% of execution time and fields update takes about 50% and it relates to size of document. We think that 12.5s is an acceptable time for such a huge document. Since bottlenecks were not found, the performance decrease might have been caused by the fact the code have become much more complex since Aspose.Words 8.1 i.e. we have supported more new fields and introduced many new features. This decrease will unlikely be noticed on smaller documents though.

Best regards,