Document merging

Hi,

I’m looking at Aspose.Total for Java and in particular Aspose.Words, Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Cells.

I would like to know if the products support document merging on a Linux machine, and also, is it possible to merge different documents at a time into the single document. For example, A.docx, B.pdf and C.xls into a D.docx.

Thanks,
Srinadh

Hello Srinadh,

Thanks for using our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java team. This product is used to manipulate/edit existing PDF documents. You can also use this product to concatenate the PDF documents into a single PDF file. For more related information, please visit Concatenate PDF Documents

• However, we have a product named Aspose.Words for Java which offers the feature to generate word documents from scratch, manipulate existing Word files and even transform word files into various output formats. It can also be used to convert word files into PDF format. For more information, please visit How-to: Convert a Document to PDF
  • We also have a product named Aspose.Cells for Java which offers the capability to generate, manipulate and transform Excel worksheets into various formats. You can also use this product to convert workbook into PDF format. Converting to PDF Files

Once the individual files are converted into PDF format, you can use Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java to concatenate all the PDF files.

I am afraid the feature of converting PDF files into Word format is currently not supported. However, this requirement is already logged in our issue tracking system as PDFKITJAVA-14495 in our issue tracking system and our development team is working hard to support this feature. As soon as the feature becomes available, we would be pleased to share the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

In case I have not properly understood your requirement or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells team. Currently we only support to combine multiple Excel files (using Workbook.combine() method), we do not support to combine Excel files with other formats, such as doc/docx or pdf.

I toally agree to Nayyer. Aspose.Cells for Java offers
the capability to generate PDF file. see the topic: Converting to PDF Files

So, once the individual files are converted into PDF format, you can use Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java to concatenate all the PDF files not sure if it suits your need completely.

Thank you.