We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Document to PDF causes tables to extend off the right side of page

I am trying to use Aspose.Words to convert documents from .docx to .pdf and the conversion process seems to extend most tables beyond the right margin. This is a document built with document builder, but taking a correctly formatted word document and running it through just the below code still causes the issue:


static void Main(string[] args)
{
new License().SetLicense(“Aspose.Words.Lic”);
var savedDoc = new Document(“Sample File.docx”);
savedDoc.Save(“Sample File.pdf”);
Process.Start(“Sample File.pdf”);
}

I am not sure how to get the tables to respect their column widths from the word document and output in a way that stays on the page. Please help? I have attached a sample of the two documents.
Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8933 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Has there been any progress on this item, or an ETA for a fix?

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your issue WORDSNET-8933 has been postponed due to a missing feature WORDSNET-832 (Make table layout as close to Word as possible) which is related to your issue.

The status of missing feature WORDSNET-832 is 'In development'. Hopefully, this feature will be available in January 2014 release. Please note that this estimate is not final at the moment. Once this feature is available, our development team will check your issue.

We appreciate your patience.

It’s been a few months since the last update. Has there been any progress on this?


We logged two bugs 7 months ago and it’s a shame that we’ve been paying such a large sum of money to get an unacceptable level of support. The bugs were logged under the account Nikkoli.
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, WORDSNET-8933 is not resolved yet. I am afraid, keeping in view the complexity of this issue, the implementation of the fix to this issue has been postponed till a later date. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you as soon as it is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Are there any updates on this? We’ve had the ticket open for 10 months.


Thanks
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. The issue actually depends on the resolution of an internal extremely complex issue (WORDSNET-832). If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to implement WORDSNET-832 in Aspose.Words 14.8.0 - Aug 2014 release. Therefore, WORDSNET-8933 is postponed until at least 14.8.0, our development team will review your issue after the first iteration of WORDSNET-832 is ready. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

We’ve been waiting 2.5 years for resolution on this. Be honest, do you ever intend to fix WORDSNET-832?


It’s preventing me from exporting PDFs and it’s also causing Table of Contents page numbers to be inaccurate.
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your patience. It is unfortunate that the underlying issue WORDSNET-832 is still unresolved. Our product team is actively working on this issue. However, the underlying problem here is very complex and involves some internal tests as well.

We have asked from our product team about the ETA of this issue. As soon as any information is shared by them, we will be more than happy to share that with you.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8933) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.2 update also available on NuGet.