Hi,

I inserted TOC, TOT and TOF into document like below:

{TOC \o "1,3" \h \z \t }
{TOC \h \z \c "Table"}
{TOC \h \z \c "Figure"}

And I also inserted one table caption and one figure caption as:

Table {SEQ Table * ARABIC * MERGEFORMAT}

Figure {SEQ Figure * ARABIC}

But we can not get the correct TOT and TOF, only TOC is correct after calling document updateFields. The TOT and TOF have the same content as TOC. The table and figure captions were not displayed into TOT and TOF.

If I use Word update fields function. the content got update as my expected.

I am not sure what’s wrong here. or I missed something. Is it a defect of Aspose Word for java? Please help me figure it out.

Thanks.

Hi
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Thank for your information. Please post the issue URL, so I can track it and have a report.

Regards.

Hi
Thanks for your request. There is no way to view our defect database. It is for internal use only. If you would like track this thread please click «Enable Email Subscription» on the top of this thread. When we will fix this issue we will post the notification message in this thread and you will get e-mail notification.
Best regards,

Can I have the estimation?
Thanks.

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unformatunately this issue is in process of analyze. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any estimate at the moment. Our developers will analyze the issue and then we will be able to provide you more information.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4809) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)

Hi,

It seems the issue was not fixed in the latest verion 10.2.0. Pleae try my attached out.doc, and run the below code:

Document d = new Document("out.doc");
d.updateFields();
d.save("out2.doc");

It will throw the below exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.aspose.words.nu.f(FieldSeqDataProvider.java:29)
at com.aspose.words.oo.m(FieldUpdater.java:213)
at com.aspose.words.ok.Jb(FieldUpdateContext.java:82)
at com.aspose.words.Field.Gl(Field.java:478)
at com.aspose.words.Field.a(Field.java:397)
at com.aspose.words.oo.a(FieldUpdater.java:154)
at com.aspose.words.oo.l(FieldUpdater.java:107)
at com.aspose.words.ol.execute(FieldUpdateExecutionItem.java:82)
at com.aspose.words.oo.hm(FieldUpdater.java:97)
at com.aspose.words.oo.updateFields(FieldUpdater.java:57)
at com.aspose.words.Range.updateFields(Range.java:172)
at com.aspose.words.Document.updateFields(Document.java:988)
at test.zjyin.FieldsUpdateTest.main(FieldsUpdateTest.java:12)

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hello
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi,

This issue can get fixed in July release? It is very urgent for us to fix this issue, we can not wait the fix too long.

Thank you.

Hi,

This issue blocked our new version release. Please fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi Vincent,
Thanks for your request. I understand that the issue is very critical for you. But unfortunately, it is not resolved yet. I asked the responsible developer to take a look at this issue shortly.
I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards.

Is it possible we can have its fix in July release?

Thank you.

Hi Vincent,
Thanks for your request. I am afraid it is not possible. We already preparing the July release and no new fixes will be included in it. I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Can I have the date on which you can fix the reported issue? We really need it
get fixed in Aug earlier, because our product latest release will use Aspose
10.x.0, and the issue has blocked our release. And if we release our product without a fix from you, our customers
will be unhappy seeing regressions.

Hi
Thanks for your request. The issue is already resolved in the current code base. Currently the fix is in the queue for review. Most probably the fix will be included into the next hotfix. We release new version of Aspose.Words at the end of each month. So The next version will be available at the end of August.
Best regards,

A fix for the issue(s) you've reported (filed as WORDSNET-5009) will be included into the next release at the end of this month.You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thank so much. In addition, I just double confirm the below two issues get fixed:

1. Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.aspose.words.nu.f(FieldSeqDataProvider.java:29)

2. generate same content of TOC, TOT and TOF when calling updateFields.

Best regards.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Yes, both of these issues are marked as resolved. We will let you know once hotfix is available.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5009) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.