We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Documentation very out of date

Hello all,

We have recently purchased ASPOSE and are trying to use it. Most things work quite well but the documentation is very out of date in some places.

For example, I am looking for a way to clone shapes that already exist on a slide. In about three places in this forum I am told I can use the Serialize method on the Shape object. I checked the documentation and it too claims there is a Serialize method on the Shape object.

There is no Serialize method on the Shape object. Nor the IShape interface, nor the AutoShape object or anywhere else I can find.

So, (1) how do we serialize shapes now (or if you have a different way to clone them I'm all ears) and (2) is this out dated documentation being addressed?

Sincerely

New Customer

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments regarding documentation. Can you please share the link with us so that I may improve it on my end. Secondly, I like to share that we have phased out old legacy API in past quarter and are now maintaining the single unified API for both PPT and PPTX presentation formats. You are right that in old API there was shape serialization available only for PPT presentations. However, we are currently working over providing the support for shapes cloning. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-27375 has been added in our issue tracking system to provide the requested support.

We will share the notification with you once the support will be available in API.

Many Thanks,

The documentation link is: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Aspose.Slides.Shape.Serialize+Method

I have an application that takes a “template” PPTX, scans all objects to see if any have a variable name and fills all such objects with data. For text boxes, I need to clone the text box several times with the appropriate data filled in each one. And, of course, I want to keep what ever fonts, etc., the template creator has made for that shape. What is the current best practice for doing this?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have taken necessary action for the share pages. Secondly, I like to share that we will be providing the shape cloning feature in future that will clone or copy the shapes in same or different slides. Since this thread has been linked with the concerned issues, you will be automatically notified once the support will be available.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-27375) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan