Documentation with the product

We are going to buy enterprise edition of Aspose Total, we are following up with their people, and it’s just taking some time.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In the meanwhile I was evaluating their latest version that I downloaded from the website (Aspose Cell .Net 5.1.2 ). The product I installed on my machine, I found few things strange to myself, and can someone please clarify.

1. The sample projects included in the demo are very old, created with visual studio 2003.

2. The technical documentation included is also very old; some of the examples included have the code which won’t even compile.

3. The dlls of the product are actually built on framework 2.0, and they claim to release the latest product.

4. The dlls are stand alone, and not signed or registered in GAC on the developer system, so when there is a team development going on, the project build fails on different machines, because the path of the referenced dlls is stored as relative in project file, and different developer might decide to install the product in different directory.

Hi,

1. We target all the users, so we compile them on VS.NET 2003. There are some users that are still using VS.NET 2003, so we do provide Aspose.Cells.dll version compiled on .NET1.x, 2.0 and compiled for netClientProfile framework for the ease of the users.

2. Could you mention which documents in the Aspose.Cells for .NET still have the examples which cannot be compiled, we will check it soon.

3. For complete reference, see the documents:
    Aspose.Total for .NET|Documentation
    Aspose.Total for .NET|Documentation

For complete reference, please read the readme.txt file in the bin directory.

1. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Any update on the 4th issue?

Thanks

Hi,

4) Please manually add reference to Aspose.Cells for .NET component in “.NET” tab: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/referencing-aspose-cells-component-from-a-net-project.html

We will look into it to implement in GAC for registration soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<![endif]–>

To update you, we will add Aspose.Cells.dll to GAC while installing Aspose.Cells.msi installer in the next official release.

Thanks for your understanding!