DocumentBuilder.InsertCheckBox() graphic

I am using the DocumentBuilder in Aspose.Words to merge a word doc to a PDF file.
Is there a way to change the checkbox graphic to use an actual checkmark instead of an X?
Thanks for your time,
Mike C.

Hello Mike!
Thank you for your inquiry.
Currently there is no way to specify the appearance of check mark in PDF. Some people prefer crosses, some other like ticks. I remember that we saw both in different versions and changed from ticks to crosses by a request. If it is important we can consider parameterization.
Regards,

Thank you for your quick response. I think it would be a nice feature if you could specify a parameter indicating what type of character to use such as “Cross, Tick, Check Mark, etc.”

Okay. I’ll investigate this a bit deeper and consult with colleagues.

Hello!
Thank you for your advice. The issue was logged as #5908 in our defect database and already implemented in the mainstream. After consultations we suggested to parameterize check box simulation with the following:
PdfExportCheckBoxFontName, PdfExportCheckBoxEmptySign, PdfExportCheckBoxSelectedSign.
By default Aspose.Words starting from the very next release will output check boxes as ticks. To change to crosses please try the following before you export:

doc.SaveOptions.PdfExportCheckBoxFontName = "Wingdings 2";
doc.SaveOptions.PdfExportCheckBoxEmptySign = '\xf0a3';
doc.SaveOptions.PdfExportCheckBoxSelectedSign = '\xf054';

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5908) have been fixed in this update.