We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

DocumentPrivilege and Permissions

What is the difference between DocumentPrivilege and Permissions?

Thank you.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your inquiry.

DocumentPrivilege is a class offered by Aspose.Pdf. You can specify rights you want to apply on a document (i.e you can only allow screen reading of the document). Basically you can differentiate multiple permissions by specifying privileges of a document. For example, a user can access a document which is not permitted to access but the user has privilege to access it.

While regarding Permissions, You can specify to which individuals or users you want to give access to the document and what they are allowed to do (i.e read, modify, control permissions). You can specify permissions by setting User Password and Owner Password.

I’m sorry, but I do not understand this. What can I do with DocumentPrivilege that I cannot do with Permissions?

Hi Tim,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please note DocumentPrivilege and Permissions describe the same thing (the set of flags) but DocumentPrivilege is used in Facades classes(Aspose.Pdf.Facades) and Permission is used in DOM(Aspose.Pdf) classes. Facade namespace is used to edit existing PDF document however DOM namespace is used for both creating a new PDF document from scratch and edit existing PDF document.

However, DOM appraoch(Permissions) is recommended.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,