DOCX -> DOC conversion - empty table in header introduces question mark characters

Hi,

For layout purposes, we sometimes have empty tables in our headers where images can potentially be placed. However, when converting DOCX to DOC, although the table is preserved, ??? characters are introduced.

We have managed to reproduce this on both Windows and Linux environments, running the 11.7.0 version of the Aspose.Words Java library, the JDK is 1.6u21

I have attached table_bug.docx as the input, and converted_table_bug.doc demonstrates the extra ??? characters.

We use very straight forward conversion code:
Document d = new Document(input);
d.save(output, SaveFormat.DOC);

This does not seem to happen in the DOCX to PDF conversion process.

Any workarounds / fixes would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Ian

Hi
Ian,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.7.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6858. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6858) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan