Docx converted to PDF loses text wrapping

When converting a .docx file that contains variables to a PDF, if the substituted value of the variable is longer than a single line, the converted PDF does not insert line breaks to wrap the text onto new lines, meaning part of the text is lost.
However, the formatting of the .docx file is unaffected, and the substituted value correctly wraps onto multiple lines.

Having looked at other similar issues, I have already attempted setting the TextFragmentAbsorber.TextReplaceOptions.ReplaceAdjustmentAction to WholeWordsHyphenation when replacing the text values, however, it does not appear to resolve the issue.

This issue when present when using Apose.Words 16.4 and Aspose.Pdf 11.6, however I’ve updated both to 17.9 and the issue is still present.

@euan.bell,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the input files and code snippet which you are using, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, I’ve attached a zip archive containing a sample input file and an example of the .NET code that we are using which reproduces the issue.

AsposeSample.zip (13.6 KB)

@euan.bell,

Thanks for sharing the sample files.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to replicate the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-43470 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

@codewarior
Could I get an update on when this issue is likely to be looked into?

@euan.bell,

We have asked our product team to share update on this issue. We will update you as soon as any update is available. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@euan.bell

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been yet resolved, due to large number of pending issues in the queue. As soon as we have some definite updates, regarding its resolution progress, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Could I get another progress update on this issue please?

@euan.bell

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have checked the status of earlier logged issue and it is not resolved yet. As shared earlier, there are other pending issues in the queue which were logged prior to your issue and product team has been busy in resolving them. We will definitely share updates with you, as soon as we have some. Please spare us little time.

Has there been any update on this issue, please? This was originally reported back in October 2017.

@GeorgeIdeagen

We regret to share that earlier logged ticket has not been yet resolved due to low priority. However, we have recorded your concerns and raised the ticket to next level of priority. As soon as we make some certain progress towards its resolution, we will share with you. We greatly appreciate your comprehension in this regard.

Hi Asad,

Do we have an estimate as to when this will be looked at? I’m slightly concerned that this was initially logged as Low priority given the nature of the issue. We are now 2 years on, with the task just being moved up one level to a new unknown priority.

The issue is so critical to our company that if it can’t be resolved in the near future we will be forced to look elsewhere for a service that meets our needs. Any further escalation/resolution you could give us would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

@dan.chambers

We really apologize for the inconvenience and delay.

Please note that we understand significance of the issue for you and that is why, we have raised it priority so that it can be investigated and resolved sooner. We have already started investigation against your issue and will surely let you know as soon as we have some ETA or news about its fix. We really appreciate our patience and cooperation in this matter.

We again apologize for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-43470) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.8.

1 Like