DOCX file getting truncated

Hi All,

I didn’t see this in the FAQ or in my cursory searches on this forum. I have a 177 page (~4 MB) DOCX document file that I can import into an Aspose Document object no problem, and when I save right back to HTML and DOCX files without manipulating the Document object at all, the saved file/stream is a truncated version of the original (~3 MB), containing the first 123 pages. Is there some kind of size limit for import or export?

Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your request. No, there is no document size limit. Could you please attach your documents here for testing and provide me sample code, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side.
Best regards,

Ok, I see you are right that it is not truncating due to a file size limitation. I narrowed it down to a smaller doc that still seems to be getting truncated, seems like some kind of issue with MS Word Change Tracking. I’m attaching the input file “tmp.docx” and the output file “junk.docx” resulting from running this very simple code snippet to do the round-trip:

com.aspose.words.Document asposeDoc = new com.aspose.words.Document(istream);
// asposeDoc.acceptAllRevisions();
asposeDoc.save("c:/dev/junk.docx");

Note that “junk.docx” has content up to the first tracked change, and then it gets cut off. Also, I get the same result regardless of whether I invoke acceptAllRevisions(), which tells me the truncation occurs on the read.

Regards,
Frank

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3125) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(12)