DocX throws an unsupported file format from Aspose but it opens in Word

We are generating a DocX from our own app (using another library) that successfully opens in Word without problems, but will not open in Aspose WORDS. Any idea where to look at whats missing or if Aspose WORDS has a history of this problem?

Note that other Docx files are fine and do open successfully in Aspose.

IF you email me at yodjmc@btinternet.com then I can send the file, however I don’t want to attach it for the world to see as it has business content. Here is the error though.

2009 - 10 - 30 11: 53: 39, 038[1] ERROR Idox.Conversion.Converters.Word.Converter[(null)] -
Aspose.Words.UnsupportedFileFormatException: Unknown file format.
at Aspose.Words.Document.?(Stream ?, LoadFormat ?, String ?)
at Aspose.Words.Document..ctor(String fileName, LoadFormat loadFormat, String password)
at Aspose.Words.Document..ctor(String fileName)
at Idox.Conversion.Converters.Word.Converter.Open(String openItem, IOpenOptions openOptions)
at IConverterProxyb95317cf31ac4ffcbcc342cfa2abe5bd.InvocationOpen_2.InvokeMethodOnTarget()
at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()
at Idox.Logging.Interceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation)
An unknown error has occurred.
Aspose.Words.UnsupportedFileFormatException: Unknown file format.
at Aspose.Words.Document.?(Stream ?, LoadFormat ?, String ?)
at Aspose.Words.Document..ctor(String fileName, LoadFormat loadFormat, String password)
at Aspose.Words.Document..ctor(String fileName)
at Idox.Conversion.Converters.Word.Converter.Open(String openItem, IOpenOptions openOptions)
at IConverterProxyb95317cf31ac4ffcbcc342cfa2abe5bd.InvocationOpen_2.InvokeMethodOnTarget()
at Idox.Logging.Interceptor.Intercept(IInvocation invocation)
at IConverterProxyb95317cf31ac4ffcbcc342cfa2abe5bd.Open(String openItem, IOpenOptions openOptions)
at Idox.Conversion.DocumentConverter.Program.Main(String[] args)

Hi

Thanks for your request. You can send e-mail via our site. Please send the files to my e-mail, as described here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711
Best regards,

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I cannot reproduce the problem with your document using the latest version of Aspose.Words (7.0.0). You can download this version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards,

Resolved by moving to v7.0 if anyone wants to know. We were on 6.2 and didn’t realize there was an update.