DOCX to PDF conversion issue with chart position using C#

Hi,

When converting a DOCX with two charts in one line to a PDF. I noticed the charts were layered in two lines.

Code:
var doc = new Document(@".\test.docx");
doc.Save(@"".\out.pdf);

When I converted the same Word document to PDF using MS Word ‘save as’ feature, the issue did not happen.

I’ve attached the test files including the output from both Aspose and MS Word, as well as a screenshot for your reference. Could you please help me take a look?

test.zip (125.5 KB)
image.png (78.1 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19817. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I saw the ticket status is marked as ‘Closed’ but I did not see it in the recent release notes.

I then tested myself with the latest version Aspose.Words 20.3.0 and noticed the issue still exists. Could you please help me check the status of the issue? Is it closed by mistake or does it mean it will be released in the next month 20.4.0 release?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

Yes, this issue has been resolved and its fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words i.e. 20.4.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19817) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.4 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.4 update.

Hi,

I have today upgraded Aspose.Words to 20.6.0 and found the positioning of the chart looks correct now. Thanks very much.

However, I could still notice some difference on the chart itself, as the Y-axis labels are still different:
image.png (92.4 KB)

The same issue was also shown in the screenshot of the initial comment of this post. You may use the same attachments uploaded before and the same code for testing.

Could this also be taken into account?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20600 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20600) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.10 update also available on NuGet.