Emojis are rendered in correctly in output PDF using .NET

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with emojis in aspose documents. when saving it as .a pdf file via Aspose.Words they are not displayed correctly. First of all they are not colored, at times appear as checkboxes with question marks in it, or have tab stops between the signs.

I’ve attached the two doicuments, the template file and the generated pdf file.

Best regards
emojiDoc.zip (105.7 KB)

1 Like

@cternek

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19666. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: TrueType Emoji fonts rendering issue in output PDF

Could you give me an update on what the current status of this issue (WORDSNET-19666) is? When will there be a solution for this? Can you give me a timeframe on how long it will take?

@cternek

Unfortunately, the issue WORDSNET-19666 had been postponed ( no estimate is available at the moment ). We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on it. We apologize for your inconvenience.

MS Word uses Segoe UI Emoji font for the emojis. The coloring information is stored in the color table of the font. Aspose.Words does not support this table yet.

The issue with the missing glyphs can be solved by rendering document with the HarfBuzz shaping engine.

Document document = new Document(MyDir + @"TestTemplate.docx"); 
document.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz.HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance; 
document.Save(MyDir + "TestTemplate.AW.Harfbuzz.pdf");

Hello,
The issue (WORDSNET-19666) has been pending for some time. Could you kindly provide me with an update on its current status? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could let me know when we can expect a solution and the estimated timeframe for its resolution. Your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated and we look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

@cternek Unfortunately this issue is not on the roadmap yet and we cannot give you an estimate.