DOCX to PDF conversion issue with parentheses rendering using C#

I have a table with cells where there is horizontal Japanese including English in parenthesizes. The Japanese is presented correctly after conversion as well as the English, however the parenthesizes are turned the same direction as the Japanese instead of the same direction as the English text which is enclosed.

Expected outcome is that the parenthesizes keeps the same direction as the English text. This is the behavior that Adobe Acrobat has and also Word if saving to PDF.
Have attached example files and source. One is generated by Aspose and one is saved from Word.

direction-aspose.pdf (11.2 KB)
Direction-word.pdf (82.1 KB)
Direction.zip (10.4 KB)

@Robert_Karlsson

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19955. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

Any update on WORDSNET-19955?

@Robert_Karlsson

Please use the following code example to get the better output. However, the parentheses overlaps the adjacent characters. We will fix this issue and inform you when it is resolved.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"Direction.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
doc.Save(MyDir + "20.4.pdf");

Thanks @tahir.manzoor but if it overlaps text then i will have to keep it as is.
I will check how i can upgrade my account to paid support.

@Robert_Karlsson

We will inform you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Is there any update on when this issue could be fixed?

Thanks @tahir.manzoor but Iā€™m much more interested in WORDSNET-19955 :laughing:

@Robert_Karlsson

Unfortunately, there is no update available on this issue at the moment. You issue is related to another issue WORDSNET-15357 (Japanese text does not render correctly in output PNG/PDF). After the fix of this issue, we will look into your issue. Thanks for your patience and understanding.