Docx to pdf conversion problem with Open JDK 11

Hello,

we have problem while converting the attached DOCX file to pdf with the library “aspose-words-19.1-jdk16.jar”. We use Open JDK 11 in our test systems and received “ClassNotFound” Exceptions during the pdf conversion. The attached MS-Word file contains an background image. Can you reproduce the problem in your test system?

Vorlage.zip (828.4 KB)

Best regards

@Anwender,

We have just released a new version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 19.5. Can you please try the latest version on your end to see if the problem resolves?

In case the problem still remains, please provide the link of Open JDK 11 that you are getting this problem with. Also, are you seeing this problem on Windows OS or Linux?

Hello again,

I made some additional conversion tests with Open JDK 11 of Apache. The conversion works fine with the aspose libraries from juli 2018. The java errors during the pdf conversion of the MS-Word file with embedded graphics were caused by too little memory of the tomcat server.

Best regards

@Anwender,

Yes, please also increase Java heap space size accordingly. Depending upon the document complexity, Aspose.Words may need more memory for correctly rendering the document to PDF. It is great that you were able to resolve this issue on your end. Please let us know any time you have any further queries.

Hello again,

my colleague becomes the following error during the pdf conversion of the attached file in his environment with Open JDK 11. Can you tell me the reason for this error? Thank you!

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class asposewobfuscated.zzRL
at asposewobfuscated.zzC2.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.zzC2.zzV(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.zzR6.zzQp(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.FontSettings.zzQX(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz9A.zzQ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz02.zzYJ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz92$zzZ.zzZX(Unknown Source)
at asposewobfuscated.zzD0.moveNext(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz92.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzZ0K.zzZmE(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzZ0K.zzY(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz92.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzYXU.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz91.moveNext(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzZMT.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.updatePageLayout(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.zzXs(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.getPageCount(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zz0H.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.zzZHA.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.zzZ(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.words.Document.save(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at org.mozilla.javascript.MemberBox.invoke(MemberBox.java:126)
at org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaMethod.call(NativeJavaMethod.java:225)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call2(OptRuntime.java:42)

@Anwender,

We are checking this scenario and will get back to you soon.

@Anwender,

I am afraid, we are still unable to reproduce this exception on our end even when using the ‘jdk-11.0.2’ package on Windows 10.

Please ZIP the exact ‘Open JDK 11 of Apache’ package (you are getting this problem with), upload it to Dropbox or any other file hosting service and share the Download link here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Also, please check the PDF file generated on our end by using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 19.5 and ‘openjdk-11.0.2_windows-x64_bin’ : awjava-19.5.pdf (826.6 KB)