Docx to PDF Font Conversion Issue

I recently upgraded from Aspose.Words 18.1 to 18.10. Some punctuation is being displayed as rectangles in the PDF when using Aspose.Words 18.10 to do a DOCX to PDF conversion. The 18.1 version doesn’t have this issue, so I don’t think it’s related to a font not being installed. I have attached the original Word file as well as the PDFs generated by 18.1 and 18.10. FontIssue.zip (107.3 KB) I think the punctuation that’s not displaying correctly was copied from a WordPerfect document.

@jeff_grant,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17650. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@jeff_grant,

The “rectangles” are the symbols with code 0xf040 and 0xf041 and the “WP TypographicSymbols” font. In 18.1, Aspose.Words converts these symbols to “@” and “A” characters, but in 18.10 Aspose.Words renders these symbols as is, i.e. characters with code 0xf040 and 0xf041.

Please ZIP and attach the “WP TypographicSymbols” font file here for further testing. According to your PDF output, the font is present on your end. Thanks for your cooperation.

Attached is the requested font file. WPHV04N_.zip (15.7 KB)

@jeff_grant,

Thanks for sharing the font file. We will keep you posted on further updates.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17650) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.