.docx to .pdf

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to convert .docx file to .pdf file.
I want to do this using MVC4 c#.
Can you please help me regarding the same.

Regards,
Radhey.

Hi Radhey,

Thanks for your inquiry.

You can easily render any Microsoft Word document (e.g. DOC, DOCX, RTF etc) to PDF format by using Aspose.Words. I would suggest you please read the following article for more detail:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Convert+a+Document+to+PDF

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks, that was very help-ful. I was successfully able to generate PDF through .docx file.
My .docx file contained some svg elements however those graphs/pie charts were not exported to expected quality.
I tried to look into your website and get help regarding quality improvement of svg, but i didnt found much.
So can you please also help me with this.

Regards,
Radhey Sarode.

Hi Radhey,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words, I would suggest
you please upgrade to the latest version (v13.10.0) from here and let us
know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please
attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the
issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the quick response, however I tried with using latest Aspose.Words library (13.10.0) but this didnt worked either. I have attached the sample .docx as-well as .pdf for your reference please suggest me on the improvement quality of generated .pdf.

Also i would like to bring to your notice regarding pie-charts, data is plotted on pie-charts which is undesired. I have set data to appear as best-fit while exporting to .docx. But when exported same to .pdf all data is plotted on to pie-charts.

Regards,
Radhey Sarode.

Hi Radhey,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Radhey:
Also i would like to bring to your notice regarding pie-charts, data is plotted on pie-charts which is undesired. I have set data to appear as best-fit while exporting to .docx. But when exported same to .pdf all data is plotted on to pie-charts.
While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.10.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of your issue is WORDSNET-9254. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Team,

Can we know by what time is the issue “WORDSNET-9254” expected to be resolved.

Regards,
Radhey Sarode

Hi Radhey,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to share with you that issues are
addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently,
your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I
cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue
is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Team,

Need to inform also we are facing another two issues with exported Bar chart
1) values on bar carts axis are switched please find the snaps of same barcharts with different outputs.
2) Refer BarChart-issue image and check with the bars they are overlapping with each other.
Please check this and also another issue with pie-chart.

Regards,
Radhey Sarode.

Hi Radhey,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have converted the shared document ‘StudentAcademics_2013-08.docx’ to Pdf and have not found the shared issue. I have attached the output Pdf with this post for your kind reference.

It would be great if you please share following details for investigation purposes. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

What environment are you running on?

• OS (Windows Version or Linux Version)
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
  • .NET Framework version (or Java version )
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the input document that is causing the issue
  • Please supply us with the output document showing the undesired behavior

Hi Tahir,

I have some more details regarding this issue. My colleague Radhey generated a report using our application, then edited the file manually to obfuscate some of the data. I think the editing step caused the issue to go away. I assume editing and saving regenerated the underlying XML structure, which must have fixed the problem. Please try with the attached file instead, this one is still giving me the issue. The issue is intermittent on our end, some bar charts work fine, but others exhibit the issue. Some additional details:

• To generate charts we are using Microsoft’s Open XML SDK version 2.0.
  • The file version of DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll is 2.0.5022.0.
  • We are running Windows 7 64-bit locally.
  • .NET framework version is 4.0

The attached files were generated with the same code, but in one the bar chart converts to PDF as expected, whereas the other is broken. We are hoping you might be able to tell us the difference, I am continuing to research on my end as well.

Thank you,

Mike McDonald

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9297. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9297) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

If there any update on the WORDSNET-9254 issue? We have since purchased the Aspose Words package, but this issue is still causing unsightly pie charts when we convert from Word to Pdf. This is a huge stumbling block for us, and will likely prevent us from using your library in production.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have verified the status of issue (WORDSNET-9254) from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that this issue has been postponed due to some other important issues and new features. However, I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9254) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.