Does ASP.NET Web Pages 2 work instead of ASP.NET Web form?

Hi! Im using ASP.NET Web Pages 2 and webmatrix, but all examples are in ASP.NET Web forms. Is it any examples in ASP.NET Web Pages 2?

And does it work in ASP.NET Web Pages 2?

Hi Hakan,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirement shared by you and like to share that I am not sure whether Aspose.Slides for .NET is compatible with ASP.NET Web Pages 2. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33936 in our issue tracking system so that our development team may further investigate the possibility of implementing the mentioned feature. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified as soon as the information will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the answer Mudassir,

Is it compatible with ASP.NET MVC 4?

Hi Hakan,

I have observed your requirement and like to share that as per my initial point of view the compatibility support for ASP.NET MVC 4 is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET. However, I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-33938 to further investigate its comparability. We will share the further information with you as soon as information will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Hakan,

Our development team has investigated the requirements for using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4 with ASP .NET Web Pages 2. The attached sample will help you in this regard and you may use it further on your end. We have used Aspose.Slides.dll (v7.0.0.0, .net4.0) and it has been added into “~/bin”.

The source presentation PPTX_presentation.pptx has been added into “~/Content” and code had been written in “~Default.cshtml”:

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(
Server.MapPath("~/Content/PPTX_presentation.pptx"));

Hello! Test presentation path: “~/Content/PPTX_presentation.pptx”.
Now we call the PresentationEx object:

-------- Presentation author: @pres.DocumentProperties.Author

-------- Amount of the presentation slides: @pres.Slides.Count

After running the attached website you will get this output:

Hello! Test presentation path: “~/Content/PPTX_presentation.pptx”. Now we call the PresentationEx object:

-------- Presentation author: RainFond
-------- Amount of the presentation slides: 2

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Hakan,

Our development team has investigated the requirements for using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4 with ASP .NET MVC 4. Please see the attached project “MvcApplication.zip” that was made in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express from “ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application\Internet application” template (Razor, .NET 4).

Aspose.Slides.dll (v7.0.0.0, .net4.0) had been added into “~/bin” and had been referenced.
Presentation PPTX_presentation.pptx had been added into “~/Content”.

Code had been writed in “…\Views\Home\Index.cshtml”:

@using Aspose.Slides.Pptx;
@{
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(Server.MapPath(“~/Content/PPTX_presentation.pptx”));
}
@section featured { }

Hello! Test presentation path: “~/Content/PPTX_presentation.pptx”. Now we call the PresentationEx object:

-------- Presentation author: @pres.DocumentProperties.Author
    -------- Amount of the presentation slides: @pres.Slides.Count

Please run the site and get this output:

-------- Presentation author: RainFond
    -------- Amount of the presentation slides: 2

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33936;SLIDESNET-33938) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.