Does Aspose.cels .net use classes in System.Drawing?

Microsoft recommends avoiding use of System.Drawing classes in ASP.Net service - see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing(v=vs.100).aspx or http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.printing.aspx

When testing a web service using Aspose.cells I got stack trace (see below) that seems to indicate System.Drawing classes are used internal to Rendering.WorkbookRender.ToPrinter(String PrinterName). Is it possible to print a workbook with aspose.cells without relying on System.Drawing classes?

at System.Drawing.Printing.StandardPrintController.OnStartPrint(PrintDocument document, PrintEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.PrintControllerWithStatusDialog.OnStartPrint(PrintDocument document, PrintEventArgs e)

at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController.Print(PrintDocument document)

at System.Drawing.Printing.PrintDocument.Print()

at Aspose.Cells.Rendering.WorkbookRender.ToPrinter(String PrinterName)

at CSReportASPOSE.Service1.PrintSetCSBarCode(String setid, String printerid)

Hi,

I am not sure if it would be possible. Anyways, I have logged an investigative ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40306. for it. We will evaluate it and let you know here soon.

Thank you.

I have the same question with regard to saving workbook as an XPS file. It should be possible to print an XPS file on the server without using System.Drawing classes, but I don't know whether the Aspose.Cells.Rendering to Image (with format XPS) uses System.Drawing classes internally.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

We have logged your requirements in the related issue. Development team will look into it and if we have some update, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

After some investigation, if Excel file does not contain chart, shape or image, we can convert to XPS without the System.Drawing APIs, but it still needs lots of work to do in our project modules.

Also, it's better if you could send your demo project to us, and we can check if there is some workround solution or not.

Thank you.