Does Aspose consider the RemovePersonalInformation setting when saving a document?

We have a product which turns on the RemovePersonalInformation setting for an Excel workbook before saving. When we open the resulting document, the “Remove Personal Information” setting has indeed been turned on, but the personal information has not been removed - for instance, if there is a comment or a tracked change in the workbook, it’ll still contain the author’s name.

So, is there a way to have Aspose consider that setting when saving, such that if it’s on it’ll remove the personal information itself, or will we have to open up the document in Excel and let Excel do the work - we’re hoping to be able to avoid doing that.

Thanks,
Michael Whalen

@mwhalen,
I have tried this scenario using MS Excel only where this checkbox is turned on however when I save the workbook, this personal information is not removed by MS Excel also. The same behavior is observed while saving this file using Aspose.Cells having this property value ‘true’. Could you please explain what is the effect of this property in MS Excel as it also does not remove these properties? If you find some difference in the behavior of MS Excel and Aspose.Cells, share the details with us. We will analyze it and share our feedback.

You’re experience with Excel and mine are different.

I’ve attached an Excel file named “ExcelCommentTest.xlsx”. It has a single comment by an author named “Michael A. Harstein”. The RPI setting has been turned on using Aspose.Cells, and it has been saved by Aspose, but it has not been saved by Excel since the RPI setting was turned on. If you open it in Excel, you can see the comment on the first page with the author name. If you then press Ctrl-S to save the document, you can watch the name change to “Author”. That’s the behavior we were hoping to get from Aspose.

Thanks,
Michael Whalen

ExcelCommentTest.zip (11.9 KB)

@mwhalen,
Thank you for providing more description and sample file. We have observed the issue and logged it in our database for further investigation. You will be notified here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNET-47877 - Workbook.Settings.RemovePersonalInformation is not effective

@mwhalen,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Excellent - thanks for the update.

Thanks,
Michael Whalen

@mwhalen,
Please try the latest fix 21.2.5 with Workbook.RemovePersonalInformation();
Aspose.Cells21.2.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.2.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.2.5 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47877) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao