Does Aspose.Slides support POTX and POTM files?

Can we create a presentation object with POTX and POTM file format? Thanks.

Hi Praneeth,

I have observed your requirement and like to share that Aspose.Slides does support presentation formats PPT, PPTX, POT, POTX, PPS and PPSX. You can save the presentation to your desired format. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
Thanks for replying so quick. I need to validate whether the given file is actually POTX or POTM file. How can I validate the same.

For ex: Suppose, Tampered_File.docx has been renamed to Tampered_File.potx (just extension change), how can we detect this using Aspose?

Thanks.

Hi Praneeth,

You can get the file format using Aspose.Slides for Java 14.10.0. Please try using the following sample code on your end to serve the purpose. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

int format = PresentationFactory.getInstance().getPresentationInfo(“test.ppt”).getLoadFormat();

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
Thanks for reply. Just a slight confusion - we’re concerned particularly for POTX (template) and POTM (macro based template) file formats. Do you mean for both of these files Aspose LoadFormat API detect them as PPTX?

Thanks.

Hi Praneeth,

I regret to share that at present the support for Potx and Pptm formats is unavailable in LoadFormat enumeration. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34684 to include the missing formats support in LoadFormat. At present, you will get value 3 for POTX or PPTM just like PPTX format. We will share the good news with you as soon as the support will be available.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34684) have been fixed in this update.