We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Does it really require SSRS to be installed?

Hello,

I have a .NET application that has some reporting functionality provided. The application uses the Reporting Services Report Viewer component (Microsoft’s client-side control). This configuration does not require the Reporting Services Server components to be installed or running since the application itself generates the data sources and passes them on to the client-side report viewer control. I now have a need to add the ability to output some of these reports in PowerPoint format, so I thought I would give ASPOSE.Slides a try.

Here is my problem: It won’t let me install ASPOSE.Slides unless I have the Reporting Services Server piece installed.

Here are my questions:
Q1: Does ASPOSE.Slides only work with the server components of SSRS?
Q2: If that is not the case, how can I get ASPOSE.Slides installed on a machine that does not have the SSRS server components installed?

Thank you,

Fernando De Gasperis

Dear Fernando,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Aspose.Slides for RS has been built to work with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, if you want to use standalone component, then you should use Aspose.Slides for .NET.

Shakeel,

I will try that.

Thank you,

Fernando

Please also see the Programmer’s Guide of Aspose.Slides.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />