Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Does PDF.KIT for .NET can do this

I am looking for the PDF processing library who can:
1. Can be ported to Mono/Mac OS? Anybody here who use PDF.KIT .NET in the Mac OS applications?
2. Render the PDF documents quality with various color spaces support (the speed is less required than quality?
3. Can edit PDF DID (Author, Title, …) properties of the PDF documents without regeneration the hole document. Just change PDF DID, but not: 1. Read, 2. Add PDF DID, 3. Replace the Existing pdf with a new file.

Looks like the PDF.KIT is very promising components but the above questions is important to me before make decision to use it.

Murat

Hmm. I hope that this forum is not for questions only but for answers also. I found about 10 questions here about whu PDF render is so slow and if can be improved without any response from Aspose team…

Hi,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please clarify ‘PDF Render’? Do you mean converting PDF to images?
We have improved the quality and speed a little in our latest release, however our team is working on improving the quality and speed of PDF to image conversion. Hopefully, the conversion speed and the quality of the output images would be better in near future.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

KMurat:
I am looking for the PDF processing library who can:
1. Can be ported to Mono/Mac OS? Anybody here who use PDF.KIT .NET in the Mac OS applications?
2. Render the PDF documents quality with various color spaces support (the speed is less required than quality?
3. Can edit PDF DID (Author, Title, ...) properties of the PDF documents without regeneration the hole document. Just change PDF DID, but not: 1. Read, 2. Add PDF DID, 3. Replace the Existing pdf with a new file.

Looks like the PDF.KIT is very promising components but the above questions is important to me before make decision to use it.

--

Hi Murat,

Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. We still need to test Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET in Mono environment. Please spare us sometime so we could test it at our end. We'll update you with the results accordingly.
2. Please download our latest version and try at your end, this way you'll be able to find out if the results are according to your requirements. If you need improvements, please share with us and our team will work on the improvements.
3. In order to update the meta information of a PDF file, you can use PdfFileInfo class, however I'm afraid that you'll have to read the file, update the information and then save the output file.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thanks for the answers.

Under Render - I mean to draw/display the PDF pages on the form like it does Acrobat.

I’ve downloaded the latest version of PDF.KIT and tried it. Unfortunately when I need to just display the first page the library scan the hole PDF documents and it takes too much time for large PDF files. I found about dozens of questions about this issue on the forum but seems the solution will not expected soon :slight_smile:

Hi Murat,

Which class of Aspose.Pdf.Kit are you using to display the PDF file? Are you using PdfViewer to display the PDF pages?

Regards,

Hello Shahzad,

No lack with both methods. I just tried the lack with pdfViewer:

var pdfViewer = new PdfViewer();
pdfViewer.OpenPdfFile(@“c:\Development\C#\PDF Sample Files\Binder1.pdf”);
pdfViewer.DecodePage(1);

This methods works about 10 sec for 16 mb files. This is unacceptable for me to just view the first page of the document.

Is there any tricks to avoid that delays and tell to pdfViewer to process only the one page?

BR,
Murat

Hi Murat,

We have improved this file loading and decoding process in our latest release (Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET 3.7). If you’re not using this version then please download it here.

However, if you’re having problem with the latest version too, then please share the problematic PDF with us. We’ll look into the problem at our end and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,