Does recognizeFields work for RTF?

Hi!
I’m evaluating Aspose.Words for JasperReports and have found out that there is a possibility to have “real” pagenumbers in word-files through the use of the recognizeFields parameter. After trying to get it to work for at least 5 minutes :wink: via JasperServer without success. I set the parameter in …/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml and put a label containting “Page { PAGE } of { PAGENUM }” in the footer, no fields in word… Not in doc, docx or rtf.
I assume I can get the recognizeFields to work if I give it some tinkering-time but for me it is important that the fields work in rtf and I thought it might be quicker to just ask here. Is this possible?
/Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your request. recognizeFields should work in your case. Please make sure you configured Jasper Reports as described here:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/jasperreports/inserting-fields/
Also, please attach your output document here for testing. I will check it and provide you more information.
Best regards.

After reading it should suit my needs, I tinkered for more than 5 minutes :slight_smile: and got it working.
Thank you!