We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

DOLLARTEXT- CARDTEXT and localization

Hi

I noticed that DOLLARTEXT and CARDTEXT is always rendering as english.
Unfortunately we have german and french user and they would like to have it formatted in their proper language.

We have implemented some own function to convert numbers to text in german, french and english.
So is there some way to hook into Aspose to handle it for that langue by ourself?

Kind regards,
TK

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word documents, you're getting this problem with, here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hi.

Please find attached the template and the resulting document after mail merge.
I also specified FieldOptions.FieldUpdateCultureSource = FieldUpdateCultureSource.FieldCode.

Please note my current thread culture and ui culture is de-DE.

Kind regards,
TK

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.3.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system as WORDSNET-6333. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Moreover, the problem occurs because Aspose.Words MailMerge engine internally calls UpdateFields method to update the values of fields in the whole document and for some reason, when this method is called the language information of the fields, having CARDTEXT formatting switch specified, gets lost.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6333) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.