Double quote creates truncation problem while merging with Aspose.Words for .NET Ver 13.5.0.0

I am using Aspose.Words for .NET to merge salesforce data to word file. I have created .net application for that.
I have used IF condition in document to conditionaly display value of RichDescription as shown below.
{ IF { MERGEFIELD DoNotPrint__c } = “TRUE” “” “{ MERGEFIELD Hint:RT.RichDescription__c}” }

Here, Hint:RT is used to identify this field and write value of this field as html text using InsertHtml() in callback method.
The problem is if RichDescription contains double quote in text (ex. 10" pizza) then after merge it display only 10 and truncates the text after ".

This problem is not occured if filed is not rich description(html) and dislapy full value i.e. 10" pizza.

I am using version 13.5.0.0 of Aspose.Words for .NET.

Any work around or solution to solve this text truncation problem?

@rkapuriya,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 17.6 and see how it goes on your end? Hope, this helps.

Download latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET

In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your template Word document
  • Aspose.Words generated output DOCX file showing the undesired behavior
  • Please create a standalone simplified console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your specific problems on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we’ll start further investigation into your issues and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez

Unfortunately, I can not upgrade the version because customer is using the utility since long time, and upgrading version might create other issues. So, our first approach is to fix the issue by either applying any workaround to merge template or in call back method.

@rkapuriya,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don’t provide support for old versions of Aspose.Words. We do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose APIs either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of our APIs. Also, please note that we exercise Unit Testing and all of our unit tests are properly structured. Upgrading to the latest version of Aspose.Words is safe and it should cause no undesired behavior. Since all Aspose.Words functionality is unit tested so everything in the previous versions shall still be working in the newer versions. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Awais Hafeez