Doubt - Aspose.Word.Document � 9.4.0.0

Hello,
In earlier version (4.3) of aspose word if the file format was RTF it was throwing an exception saying the “The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.”
Currently I am using version 9.4.0 in which if the file format is RTF its not throwing an exception but taking long time to give the result more than half an hour.
Please let me know what are changes between version 4.3 & 9.4.
Please let me know if the file format is RTF whether it will be supported or not in version 9.4.

My Implementation:

byte[] file;
System.IO.Stream objStream;
Aspose.Words.License objLicense = new Aspose.Words.License();
objLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.lic");
Aspose.Words.Document objWordDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document();
try
{
    file = /*which will read the word document in byte format.*/
    objStream = new System.IO.MemoryStream(file, 0, file.Length);
    objWordDoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(objStream);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
    throw ex;
}

Regards,
Meera

Hi Meera,
Thanks for your request. Both 4.3 and 9.4 version of Aspose.Words supports RTF format. Most probably there is something wrong with your document. Could you please attach it here for testing? I will check it on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hello Alexey,
Thanks for your reply.
I want to know whether the FileCorruptedException exception handling in Aspose.Word.Document class has been changed between version 4.3 & 9.4.
If yes can you please let me know the changes.
I am asking this because in old version (4.3) its was throwing me an exception but in current version (9.4) its not giving an exception.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Meera

Hi Meera,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Could you please attach your document here for testing. Most likely the exception you were getting with the older version has been fixed, however we need to investigate why the document is taking so long to process.
Thanks,

Hello Adam,
Since its a confidential document I cant send it to you.
I found the root cause of this problem. Its due to some images which is there in the document.
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Meera

Hi Meera,
Thanks for your request. It is difficult to tell you what the problem is without your document. Actually we do not need whole document. You can replace sensitive data in your document with dummy data and attach it here for testing. It is safe to attach files in the forum. Only you and Aspose staff can download the attached files.
Best regards,

Hello Alexey,
Thanks for the support which you are providing.

I have attached the file for which I am facing the problem.
In that I have a image due to which its taking long time for document object to give me any result.
In that image it will have several other block inside that main block, which I have deleted since it can’t be disclosed.
Please let me know what is the mistake in that image or document which is creating the problem so that I can handle if anything has to be corrected in my code.
If I open this document in winword with open & repair & save the file in doc format, then the docuemnt object is giving result without any problem.
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Meera

Hello,
Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce your problem on my side. I created the appropriate issue in our defect database. Once the problem is resolved you will immediately receive a notification.

Dear Support,
Can you please let me know the status of the above problem.
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Meera

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Hi Meera,

I’m analyzing the issue right now. I can not promise you exact date of resolution but I will add here info about results of the analysis approximately in several days. After that we will able to estimate time to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Hi Meera,

I’ve resolved the issue. Some internal steps are still needed before it will get to release. So I cannot promise you that you will see the fix in the nearest release at the end of August. But it’s on the way.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4488) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.