Downloaded pdf loses Extended Feature

We are trying to put a form up on our web application that is downloadable for a user. We would like to pre-populate some of the fields depending on the user’s given information. To do this, we’re trying to use the Aspose pdf forms to edit a copy of our master form, but when we view the downloaded pdf, it says that “extended features” have been disabled. I have looked at the “Preserve Extended Rights feature while working with Forms” article that has been posted several times, but I could not get it to work at all, mainly due to the fact that we have a master form that we want to make copies of, not edit directly. Here is the stripped down code of what I’m trying to do

System.IO.MemoryStream output = new System.IO.MemoryStream();
Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form application = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form();
application.BindPdf(Server.MapPath(“DSS Form 3807A.pdf”));
application.FillField(“tLastName”, “Test”);
application.Save(output);
System.Byte[] b = new Byte[output.Length - 1];
output.Position = 0;
output.Read(b, 0, b.Length);
Response.ContentType = “Application/pdf”;
Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “attachment; filename=recertification.pdf”);
Response.BinaryWrite(b);
Response.Flush();
Response.End();

I have tried it with a local copy and save as well, but it still will not work. The field that we did try to change did not show up on the output copy. Just in case it’s needed, the version of Aspose we have is 7.70.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your inquiry. As described in documentation, you can preserve “Extended Rights features” of a from using DOM (Aspose.Pdf.Document) instead Facade namespace, while saving form with incremental approach. Incremental save approach is not supported in Facade namespace. Code snippet shared in above documentation link demonstrates how to open form in stream object, fill form fields and saving back to stream without losing extended right features.

Please try the suggested solution, hopefully it will fulfill your requirements.

Best Regards,

I have tried the suggestions in this article and I’m still losing the extended features. I’ve stripped down my code for testing to just open the file in a filestream, create an Aspose.Pdf.Document object, then using the .Save() function to write it back to the stream. When I open the file back up, it still says extended features disabled. I even downloaded the latest dll for .net so version should not be the issue

This method also will not work for our project because the original document will be on a server for everyone to use. The objective is to make a COPY of it and edit a few fields before allowing it to be downloaded

Disregard this now. Turns out it was a problem with the pdf we were using. After saving it a different way, it now works perfectly.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the update. its good to know that you have managed to get your desired results.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance. We will be more than happy to extend our support.

Best Regards,