Dramatic performance issues with new Aspose Slides Version

Hello,

Could you kindly provide the status of updates regarding performance improvements for the Java library, please?

I am currently evaluating the Java library and it is takes a very long time compared to the .NET component to perform similar operations (e.g., open several PowerPoint files and copy slides to a new PowerPoint). On my system (Mac OS X 10.8.4, Java 1.7.0_25) it is taking about 13 seconds simply to read the font library (only required on Java), to open two files, copy 4 slides to a new presentation and save as PDF takes 2.7 seconds on Windows using the .NET component and 21.60 seconds on Mac using the Java library for the same set of slides. The Java code is actually more optimized than the .NET code as it using caching to try to work around some of the Java performance issues. Simply opening a file using the Java library can take over 2.5 seconds.

Many thanks,

metazin

Hi Metazin,

I have observed the requirement shared by you and like to share that I have splitted the post separately as internally the cause of performance related to presentations are different. Please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 7.6.0 on your end first. If there is still an issue then please share the sample presentation, generated output and some benchmark results that you are achieving with older Aspose.Slides for Java version as compared to new version of Aspose.Slides for Java. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,