We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Duplicate error when converting .doc to pdf

doc.Save(stream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.AsposePdf) returns error “duplicate” when saving a .doc to pdf. Found this problem on other documents when they had a blank page in them and was able to fix by getting rid of the blank page. There is no other information with this error. There is no similar pages or even sentences for that matter. Could you please let me know what exactly constitutes a duplicate for .doc files?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your document for testing? I will investigate this issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

I work for a nuclear power plant and unfortunately the information in the documents is confidential and I therefore cannot submit the troublesome files. If you could just give me a list of the potential triggers for this exception it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi

You can simplify your document and attach it here just to allow us to reproduce the issue. (Only you and Aspose staff members can download documents that you attached). Also please provide me stack trace of this error.

Best regards.

After doing some research it was discovered that the issue was cause due to a corruption of data when converting word perfect files to microsoft word files. Was not an issue with Aspose.Words. Would it be possible to get a list of the reasons a duplicate exception would be thrown since there is not really any information given with the exception.

Hello!

If you convert Word Perfect files to MS Word this could be the most probable cause of exceptions. Mainly that’s true since converted documents might have some format deviations. Do the files open in MS Word?

We don’t have any list of exception reasons. Just think about this: if we had such a list we would have fixed most of the problems before you reproduce them.

MS Word format is quite complex. And we cannot guess what goes wrong, especially what might go wrong, without having the document. If you report a problem and really think you cannot send your document as is then just remove everything sensitive from it and make “Save As” to cut off undo info. Of course if this doesn’t eliminate the issue. If you are still not sure of the forum privacy you can send me an e-mail:

viktor.sazhaev@aspose.com

Regards,

Sorry it took me a bit, but here is an example of a file that causes the exception “duplicate” to be thrown. It’s a word perfect document that has been converted to word. It will work if you open it in word and resave it, but not if you run it as is.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce this problem on my side and I created new issue #5019 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5019) have been fixed in this update.