Duplicate font files in usr/share/fonts

Hi Support,

I am a Aspose.words user, I have a question about how Aspose.words looks for font files.

In our server, there are some duplicate font files in usr/share/fonts, could you please explain to me how Aspose locates which font file to use when converting a doc template to a PDF file.

For example, we have the following fonts in our Cent OS server,
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf, 
/usr/share/fonts/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf, 

Which font file will be picked by Aspose server? Are there any potential issue if we keep both font files in our system?

Thanks
Tony Shen

@stlcn,

Following articles contains the details about how Aspose.Words uses fonts and how to set Aspose.Words to look for fonts in system folders as well as a custom defined folder when scanning for fonts. Hope that the information will help. Feel free to contact us in case of any query or comments.

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts
Specifying Fonts to be Read from both the System Fonts Folder and a Custom Folder

@ikram.haq
Thanks for the quick response. I already read those article before.

My question is if there are duplicate font files in the path where are both available for Aspose.words. like the following two files, both font files are in /usr/share/fonts, which are available to Aspose.words.
/usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf,
/usr/share/fonts/DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf,

I would like to know which file will be picked by Aspose.words. Is there any potential issue with duplicate fonts in the font path?

Thanks
Tony Shen

@stlcn,

Thanks for your inquiry. In this case, Aspose.Words will use one of font that is available first from the list of system fonts source. There is no issue with duplicate fonts in font path.