Convert SMIME Outlook Message MSG to MHTML & then MHTML to PDF using Java | Avoid Duplicate Content

AsposeEmailSMimeToPdf.zip (1.4 KB)

When trying to convert SMIME (Signed email) Outlook .MSG file to PDF/A compliant format with Java, the message content gets duplicated in the resulting PDF. Here is the sample code uploaded for reference. Can you please check if this is the issue with the current Aspose email version and is there any fix available for the same ? I am using Aspose.email-20.5, Aspose.pdf-20.6.

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback and quick support as this is urgent for one of the production issue with the signed email conversion to PDF.

For reference, I followed the below article (for .NET) and prepared the snippet with similar logic in JAVA.
https://docs.aspose.com/email/net/managing-message-files-with-aspose-email-outlook/#converting-smime-messages-from-msg-to-eml

@jitendriya.dash

Apparently, there seems no issue in Java code shared by you. I suggest you to please try using latest Aspose.Email for Java 20.9 and Aspose.PDF for Java 20.9 on your end. In case the issue is still reproduced then please share the source MSG file, generated PDF file, intermediate MHT file and snapshot of difference between MSG and output.

Can you please share your email id where I can share the sample email, with generated PDF and intermediate MHT file for your investigation ? Please deal with caution and delete the email after your investigation as this is one of the customer email, but it does not contain any sensitive details as confirmed by business.

@jitendriya.dash

You can share that via private message option with us. All you have to do is to click on my name icon on my post and a popup will appear. Then you have will have to use Message option to share privately with me. Please inform me here as well once you have shared information privately.

image.png (8.6 KB)

cant_see_private_message_option_profile.PNG (83.1 KB)

I can’t see the message option for your name, from my profile as per the screenshot.

Alternatively, i have uploaded the requested artifacts into a temporary share - https://fts.capgemini.com/pubpwd/42990548963616/Issue_with_signed_email_conversion_to_PDF.zip .

Please reach out to me at jitendriya.dash@capgemini.com to have the credentials to download the artifacts as requested.

@jitendriya.dash

Please use private message option to share the credentials with us. You need to click on my name icon on any of my response and a popup will appear. Use that to send private message to me. The private message is same as email and is officially prescribed method for private communication. Do notify us here once you have shared private message.

I just shared a private message with the zip of the artifacts as requested, which contains the sample email, intermediate .MHT and final PDF generated for your further investigation and support. Thanks a lot in advance for all your feedback and support.

@jitendriya.dash

After observing the MSG, intermediate MHT and output PDF files. I have found there is no issue until MHT file and duplication occurs in exported PDF. I am moving the concerned thread to Aspose.Words support forum where our concerned team will assist you furhter.

@jitendriya.dash,

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system with ID WORDSNET-21248. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please let me know if there are any further updates for this reported issue with SMIME outlook message conversion to PDF.

Thanks a lot in advance for all your feedback and support.

@jitendriya.dash,

Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. We have completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been identified. We will keep you posted here on any further updates and notify you when this issue will get resolved in future. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.12 update.

Thanks, we will check this and revert back if we see any further issues. Thanks a lot for all your help and support.