DWG Conversion

Hi,
(please evaluate the case of moving this post on a new thread)
we tried again new aspose imaging dll aginst our dwg examples files - see in attachment:
1, 2 and 3.dwg files
the resulting pdf of exporting 3.dwg (1.dwg is the same case) with aspose in pdf (most blank pdf result, instead of a complete 3 layouts of a house in dwg)

more the file 2.dwg trhow in exeption {“Cannot process loading further due to incorrect file format structure”}

so: at the moment tried 4 dwg files and only one can be really previewd in our browser solution with aspose conversion to images and pdf

can you investigate more on this? At this time we are wondering whether it is appropriate to give this dwg preview function to our customer and effectively see a poor percentage of dwg files

thank’s

ps to view examples dwg files we use application “Dwg Trueview 2015” from autodesk website, as these sample files taken from autodesk website.

Hi Valerio,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I have split the existing thread to create a new one on your behalf in relevant support forum. Now I am evaluating your presented scenario, and I will shortly get back to you with updates regarding your concerns.

Ok Thank you

Hi Valerio,

I have evaluated both of your presented scenarios while using the latest version of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.8.0 for the conversion of provided DWG samples to PDF format. I am able to notice the ImageLoadException with message Cannot process loading further due to incorrect file format structure, at Image.Load for the sample 2.dwg. In spite of the fact that the said sample loads fine in Autodesk’s DWG TrueView 2015, there could be some problem with it’s format structure that needs to be thoroughly investigated. I have logged the IMAGING-34717 in this regard, and requested the product team to provide the root cause analysis at earliest possible.

Please note, other two samples namely 1.dwg & 3.dwg appears to contain 3D objects that are not yet supported by Aspose.Imaging APIs. Same could be the reason for incomplete & blank rendering of the drawing layouts. However, in order to thoroughly analyze this scenario, I have logged it in our bug tracking system under the ticket IMAGING-34718.

Please allow us some time to look into both above mentioned scenarios & get back to you with updates.

Thank you Babar

Hi Valerio,

This is to inform you that we have completed the investigation for the ticket logged earlier as IMAGING-34718 (Incomplete rendering & blank pages while converting DWG to PDF). The said issue is caused due to the 3D objects/solids present in the drawing that are currently not supported by Aspose.Imaging APIs for possible rendering to PDF & raster image formats. The said ticket has been blocked till the Aspose.Imaging APIs provide the support for 3D solids. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates regarding our progress towards resolving the said issue.

Hi again,

This is to inform you that we have completed the investigation for your other ticket (IMAGING-34717) as well. Please note, the error ImageLoadException: Cannot process loading further due to incorrect file format structure, at Image.Load method is caused due to the reason that the DWG file (2.dwg) has improper format structure that does not correspond to the DWG specifications. We are able to load the said drawing in Aspose.Imaging API after re-saving it with AutoCAD 2010. However, the drawing contains 3D Solids that are not currently supported by the Aspose.Imaging APIs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.