Dynamic designer for Excel

Hi ,

I am creating an excel designer using Aspose Cells for Java. I need to create report designer which gets generated dynamiclly with every request for different kind of reports.

Now, I am wondering if with every request do I need to create and save a new file for designer or the same designer can be used for all the requests?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abhinav

Hi,

I think you may use Smart Markers feature provided by Aspose.Cells. So, you may create a designer template file inserting the markers into the cells in the sheet(s), you may also format the cells accordingly for your needs. For example, you may create reports for your database tables related to different sets of data or as per your desired records etc. Smart Markers are processed based on your desired dataset/resultset that might be the result of the query or Statement, so you may specify or write the query to be processed. When the markers are processed, data is inserted into the cells in place of your pasted markers in the designer file’s sheets, see the document for your complete reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Smart+Markers

Thank you.

Thanks for the response,

I am also using Smart Markers for this solution. However, my question goes beyond this. Lets assume we have 10 users and all 10 users want 10 different reports. Each report is different and gets dynamically designed using smart markers from database tables.

So, for this approach do I need to create 10 designer reports and save 10 designer reports? Or only one designer report can hadle this in memory.

Regards,

Abhinav

Hi,

Well, it is up to you which way you go. You have to analyze your scenario and build some logic to design your modules. If you have a common designer template Excel file containing markers for all the users, now you have to create your respective statements / queries for different users e.g UserA -> Statement1, UserB–> Statement2 etc., you have to do this in your codes. You may also create different designer template Excel files for different users too as per your needs.

Thank you.