Dynamic Naming of Tabs during Excel Rendering

My company is considering purchase of Expose.Total for Reporting Services, but have been unable to determine whether or not the app supports dynamic naming of tabs in Excel. We have a large client who uses Reporting Services for financial and progress tracking. One of the requirements for purchasing a third party tool is that it supports the dynamic naming of tabs during the Excel render or export. For example, some of the reports are grouped by B&R Code. When exported to Excel, the client wants the B&R Code to show up at the worksheet name rather than Sheet1, Sheet2, etc. Is this something that Aspose.Cells supports? If so, how and where can I find out more about it?

Any info that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please provide us the following information.

1: The RDL file you are using.

2: The report file of excel format generated using MS render.

3: The report file in excel format which shows your required resultant report.

We will look into your issue and provide you a solution ASAP.

Thank You & Best Regards,

I am including two versions of the Excel file that are similar in structure to the report that the client uses. The first is named ‘DAR – MS Render’ and shows the report as it is rendered using the standard Excel export in Reporting Services 2005. The second file, ‘DAR – Required Resultant Report’, shows the worksheet tabs named the way that we want them. The first worksheet, which is a summary, comes from the mean DAR report. The remaining worksheets come from a subreport. The RDL file is also attached.

We would like to use the B&R code provided in the header of the report (shown in parentheses) as the name of each tab in the worksheet. The number of B&R codes will vary each time the report is executed depending on the parameters selected.

Again, what I am mainly interested in is whether or not Aspose has a method for dynamically naming tabs during the Excel render. We are also considering the use of OfficeWriter. They are able to dynamically name the tabs, but only programmatically. I would like to know if Aspose is also able to do it programmatically or if you have another method available.

Any information that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the RDL and Excel files. We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have checked your RDL file and currently Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services does not support this feature. We have included this feature in our development schedule and we will start working on it after completing some other tasks on hand. We will update you after implementing this feature.

Thank you for understanding,

Hello,

Was this feature ever released?

thanks,

Charles

@Charlie.R,

Thanks for your query.

The feature may not be supported. We need to escalate it. Could you please provide us the artifacts and samples/resources:

1. Sample RDL file.
  2. The reported files by MS Excel render and Aspose.Cells for RS.
  3. Your desired file with dynamically changed worksheet/tab name.

The older ticket seems to be lost, so we need to re-log and re-evaluate with your given details and requirements.