Dynamic XFA PDF - Failure On Converting To Standard PDF

We have a dynamic XFA form created in Adobe LifeCycle that fails with Object Reference Not Set To an Instance of an object. The XFA form opens fine in Adobe Reader & FoxIt Reader.

The code using the Aspose PDF library is:

Document document = new Document("c:\\temp\\spool\\protected.pdf");

document.Form.Type = FormType.Standard;

document.Save("c:\\temp\\spool\\Standard_AcroForm2.pdf");

The exception is thrown on the 2nd line (document.Form.Type = FormType.Standard) which is where I guess it tries to do the conversion.

Basically I am trying to flattern the Dynamic XFA to a static PDF that can be opened with older versions of PDF readers.

Help...!

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please share your sample PDF document, we will check it and will provide you information accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing source document. While testing the scenario with your shared document, we have managed to reproduce the issue with latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.7.0. We have logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-37651 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Please can you provide an update on this defect or provide a work around. This has become extremely urgent.

Thanks

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid you reported issue is still not resolved due to the issues already under investigation/resolution. However, we have noted your concern and requested our development team to share an ETA at their earliest. We will update you as soon as we get a feedback.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Please, please can you chase this up with the development team as a matter of urgency. I was promised an update on this issue over a month ago but still have not received one. Can this be escalated to someone from ASPOSE as the support I have received regarding this issue has been very poor. This function was a key reason we purchased the ASPOSE component and yet this functionality is broken.

Thanks

Kev

Hi Kevin,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have already completed the issue investigation and now development team is working over the fix. But I am afraid due to complexity of the issue and changes required in API, we cannot promise any ETA at the moment. We are treating Dynamic XFA to standard PDF conversion issue as high priority issue and will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

Again we are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note our development team has planned the fix of your issue in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.4.0. Hopefully it will be released in May 2015. However please note it is not promise but we will try our level best to fix your issue in said version. We will keep you updated about the progress.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37651) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.